Monday, June 23, 2008

Leaning Into The Dip

Seth Godin has a book titled "The Dip", a short read I recommend to anyone in leadership or business. It's been a while since I read it, but some difficulties I've been facing this last week brought one of the principals back to mind.

It seems any time you get a Vision to do something and Start Doing It, opposition finds a way to make you struggle with sticking to the vision. There is always a low point of near failure called The Dip, where you wonder if it's worth continuing or should I push through. The short of it is I discovered the Vision God has given me is worth pushing through.


After a week long struggle at every turn I saw The Win this weekend. Through all of the distractions and mistakes (man I hate that word) I believe some ground was gained and the Vision is getting clearer.

Stick with it, don't give in, push forward because the pay off is bigger than you can see right now. Lives will be changed, dreams realized and history written because you choose to lean into what God has called you to do.

No comments: